Jennifer A. Forquer
“From the first time I met Jennifer I felt very comfortable and safe with her as my attorney. I really felt she was in my corner during negotiations and finalization of my case.”
“Jennifer represented me with intelligence, excellent skills and a breadth of legal experience when my ex-husband would not honor a commitment to pay a reasonable portion of our son’s college expenses.”
“Jennifer is a fantastic attorney! Six years ago she helped, supported, and guided me through my divorce. I’ve continued to keep her on retainer just in case my former wife started causing problems with me and my kids. I’m lucky to have had and continue to have such a great attorney.”
Jennifer began her litigation career as a public defender in Tacoma, WA, but chose to switch the focus her practice to family law in 2001. After practicing for and becoming a partner of a boutique, family law firm in Bethesda, Maryland she moved to King County in 2009 and joined Integrative Family Law in 2011.
Jennifer shares the firm’s core values of crafting thoughtful legal strategies and decisive, client-based solutions that reflect and respect her client’s values, needs and expectations in completing their family matter. She strives to preserve civility and respect, and to reduce conflict and its impact on parents and their children. Jennifer diligently obtains the information necessary to help her clients to explore their options and rights so that they can make informed decisions about their future. She provides no-nonsense advice to clients while identifying how to best achieve their desired outcomes, whether in litigation or settlement negotiations.
Jennifer’s practice involves all aspects of family law: preparation of post nuptial and separation agreements, parenting, child support and simple and complex financial cases. She is attentive to and skilled in navigating the issues raised by held business interests, commercial and residential real estate, government and private pensions/retirement benefits, asset tracing, and stock awards/options. She has a broad based understanding of and provides seasoned advice about the complex financial issues that clients face when divorcing. She has the knowledge and experience to successfully handle her client’s complex cases.
In 2010 she expanded her practice to include representing family law clients who want to utilize the Collaborative Law process. The practice of Collaborative Law involves having a team of professionals dedicated to helping the parties explore and reach long term solutions for themselves and their children. The Collaborative Law gives parties the freedom and the power to create their own durable agreements instead of having decisions affecting their children and their financial future imposed upon them by the judicial system. After receiving her initial training in 2010, Jennifer continues to improve her skills through ongoing collaborative training, membership in collaborative practice groups and regularly handling Collaborative cases.
- Seattle University School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 1995, cum laude
- Pennsylvania State University, Bachelor of Arts 1989
- Washington Bar, 1995
- S. District Court, Western District of Washington, 1998
- Supreme Court of the United States, 2005
- Maryland Bar, 2002 (Inactive status since 8/2014)
- District of Columbia Bar, 2001 – 2011
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- King County Collaborative Law Group
- Compass Collaborative practice group
- King County Collaborative Law Downtown Family Law practice group
- Collaborative Professionals of Washington
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Chair of the Standards and Best Practices Committee, King County Collaborative Law
- Volunteer, King County Bar Association’s Neighborhood Legal Clinic
- Volunteer, King County Superior Court Non-Compliance hearings
- Chair, Vice-Chair and Secretary/Treasurer, Family Law Section of the King County Bar Association between 2012 to 2015
- Co-Chair, Family Law Section of the Montgomery County Maryland Bar Association (2006)
- Montgomery County, Maryland Bar Foundation Leader 2006 – 2007
- Martindale-Hubble rated for 10 years: Distinguished Peer Review Rating as Very High in Legal Ability & Ethical Standards
- AVVO Rating of 10.0 Superb
- 2007 Selected as a Maryland Super Lawyer
- 2007 Selected as a Washington DC Super Lawyer