Resources to Help You Before, During and After Your Divorce
At Integrative Family Law, our goal is to help you achieve long-term well-being, whether you divorce or not.
If you are not sure whether divorce or separation is the right decision for you, Carol Bailey provides something we call “divorce clarity counseling.” We can discuss from our experience the problems divorce can solve and those it can’t.
Below you will find a list of resources to help you no matter where you are in the divorce process – before, during or after. If you have additional questions that aren’t addressed below, don’t hesitate to call us at 206-859-6800; we’d be happy to help.
- Recommended Divorce Reading – Here’s what others recently wrote about Divorce and Divorce Trends.
- Discover what you really want: Questions to ask yourself and issues to think about before you file for a divorce.
- Four Kinds of Divorce – Yes, you have a choice. There are several legal options regarding divorce depending upon your budget, your relationship with your spouse, and your financial matters.
- Divorce Timeline – A step-by-step schedule of what to expect throughout your divorce.
- Washington State Divorce Law – What you need to know and what’s required to divorce in Seattle and in the state of Washington.
- Divorce Legal Forms – Washington state legal forms required for divorce.
- Family Law Resources – A list of General Family Law Resources (PDF)
- What is a Parenting Plan? Learn what Washington State requires in a Parenting Plan.
- How to Create a Parenting Plan – Links to information about parenting plans and child development.
- Guide for Divorced Families Living Apart – Helpful hints and tips on how to make blended family work. Read Carol’s blog for additional tips.
- Health Insurance Issues in a Divorce – Learn about the significant changes made to Washington law in 2009 regarding parents’ responsibility to provide health insurance for their children and learn more about what you must do.
- Mediation in Divorce – Integrative Family Law provides Mediation Services, and here is a link to addition resources.
- Collaborative Law Services in Divorce – Our firm, as well as several others provide collaborative divorce services. Here are a few links to other resources.
- Glossary of Divorce and Family Law Terms – Helpful terms for better understanding.
- Divorce: One Attorney’s Perspective: Read Carol Bailey’s blog where she shares ideas for avoiding divorce, how she’s helped families cope, ways to create workable parenting plans, and other tips about divorcing.
- General Family Law Resources – self-help family law resources in King County